KG’s Blog Post #74 – 8/11/10 8:11pm (shot lowest round ever as a “legolessgimp”, BUT…)
0 for 2,
Oh boy! I played yesterday and it was the least amount of pain I’ve had playing golf in over a year. I was so psyched that maybe we were getting ready to defeat the evil empire. However, last night and today were absolutely horrific. I’m holding out that this is still the beginning of the end for pain.
With that being said, I’m about to relay some really bad news for me. We all remember how the PAC elected not to amend a change and give me a year’s medical exemption – something that is done often, I may add. They rightfully gave Lanny & Curtis a lifetime exemption on tour when their status was running south – they both deserved this based on their careers on tour. One of their theories was that I would be able to get exemptions whenever I wanted. I have written every event that is left on this year’s schedule. I’m currently batting 0 for 2. Now I’m not saying that this is how it will always be, but I’m saying because of this I may have to shut everything down for the rest of the year.
My problems are numerous that they may not have thought of…
1) Do I endure pain and try to improve on my scoring abilities or just show up and hack it around?
2) Clearly at this point I can’t play more than one event in a row, so this to eliminates some events.
3) I need to know much farther in advance on receiving a spot than normal as this tells me whether to get “ready” or not (the other guys are playing all the time, so if they get a spot it’s an ‘OK lets go’).
4) The work that I’m going to have to but into the game to try and play real golf again is massive and do I bother to do this if I may only play once every 5 weeks or so? This is a pretty brutal physical amount of work that I just don’t know if I will/can do without knowing for sure that I’ve got a year to prove myself.
5) I’m a whining pork hound. There are only 3 women who I love dearly who really know what I’ve been going through. I kid you not when I say that if a gun were handy I would have used it many nights to stop the pain. I’ve caused them to all cry because they were watching me cry, flip flop on electric bolt and scream. They don’t deserve that. I shouldn’t be doing that to them.
I may have made the mistake of using golf as my reason for living on. I’m in complete shock at the thought that I may have to face the truth. I’m ashamed of myself for failing, for thinking that I may have to say good bye to real golf. I wonder if the guys on the PAC will be looking themselves in the mirror one day and say, damn I screwed him over for all the wrong reasons. I know the other idiot won’t, but they might.
I probably should not be blogging while I’m sitting here in a state of a semi comatose. I’m starting to understand the old samurai warrior as he fought for love, but then failed. How do I go from shooting my lowest round ever as a “legolessgimp” and feeling like I’m on top of the world to free falling all in 30 hours? Well, I must stop this belly whining before I say something even dumber than I allready said.
Be good my friends,